Which Save a Dive Kit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johnnyscience

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I see everyone suggests to have a Save a Dive Kit

But I also see there are many different kits out there that fall under this.

Any suggestions? What should I be looking for?

I will be doing only warm water reef diving.

Here is your basic kit. You need an extra mouth piece and zip tie, a fin strap and maybe an extra buckle assembly, ask you LDS for a couple of tank valve orings, couple of different sizes depending on the valve and call it 2' of duct tape in a "flat pack". That should cover the problems you are likely to be able to solve on your trip.

Your best off making your own but the main components can be found in kits. try to avoid carrying stuff you will never have to use. There have been quite a few recent posts on this recently. Driftwood lists a pretty good basic kit, from here you can go right the way up to carrying spare regs and hoses. Personally for a normal dive I'd stick with a basic kit. The mosty likely things to break are tank o rings, mask straps, fin straps. In addition to the above I would recommend more zip ties, some duct tape and some silicone grease and possibly a small o ring pick.

Like I say though it's one of those things that can be as basic or as involved as you allow it to become.

Entire redundancy is the only way you can be sure! I'm still saving up for my save a dive rig ;-)

Back
Top Bottom