Which quarry sites in the Midwest allow solo dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow! I would never have guessed Gilboa. Do you have to bring your own carbon paper for the forms? :goingdown:

Pennyroyal Scuba - Hopkinsville KY 33 mfw 25 acres 4C WT bottom
Further south Alabama Blue Water - Pelham AL 45 mfw 25 acres 8C WT bottom
In LaGrainge KY (Just north of Louisville), there is Falling Rock small quarry, more like a cesspool since you will be sharing the quarry with swimmers. 16 mfw 5ish acres 15C WT bottom

Dale

Bredina Springs in IL and Quail Run in MO

Thanks! Pretty good selection.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk 2

Wow! I would never have guessed Gilboa. Do you have to bring your own carbon paper for the forms? :goingdown:

Gilboa is a great place to solo, especially during the week. If you dive on a thurs., the vis will be excellent; 4 days for the silt to settle from all the weekend rototillers. You must be solo certified and have the proper equipment. If Mike doesn't know you, he may have a sit-down interview with you just like if you were to dive the deep side. I go there at least 2 - 3 times a month to solo; it's my compressed air therapy.

Just got back from Gilboa. No hassle, just presented card at check-in. Kind of surprising considering the application prcocedure for deep dives.

Strangely, considering the deep dive process, there is no procedure in place to ensure you actually leave the water successfully...

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk 2

Twin Quarries in Circleville, OH.

If you ever want to solo together :) Max Speed, let me know; promise, I will stay away from you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom