Which P-Valve to buy: Halycon or Diverite?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mtbr

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm finally taking a plung on a dry suit. Which P-valve is the reference - Halycon or Diverite?

I'm finally taking a plung on a dry suit. Which P-valve is the reference - Halycon or Diverite?

I went with the Halcyon at the advice of everyone at my LDS. They sell both, and can dive whichever they want for free. Every single person there uses the Halcyon.

Did they give any reasons?

Better design overall, not having seen any problems after installation, etc. Also I could be wrong, but I don't think the DR can be "closed" in case of a problem, where the Halcyon can be screwed shut if needed.

What kind of problem could you have that would need it to be screwed shut? If they are not attached on this inside, do they need to be closed? I also need to add a pee valve to my suit.

Carrie

If the "one way" valve fails...

:confused:

I don't even want to think about it.

What kind of problem could you have that would need it to be screwed shut? If they are not attached on this inside, do they need to be closed? I also need to add a pee valve to my suit.

Carrie

Like RJP said if the valve fails.... Suit full of water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom