Which ops pickup at the downtown pier these days?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Those are the rooms she has always been able to secure for us. I used to be picky about the 5th floor and those corner rooms but the 4th is just as good and even the 3rd isn't bad. The key to those rooms in my opinion while they offer great water views is we tend to visit in December these days and the balconies on those rooms get blasted with sun. So, on our last day all gear can go out there bake in the sun after a morning dive and be completely dry for a next day departure. 5th floor may be nice but it is open to rain from above - the 4th floor is covered.

Oh, I should also add that when we visited the Casa Mexicana in December (before being vaccinated) we were on the 3rd floor and not the 4th or 5th which actually worked out well as we never felt like we needed to take the elevator out of laziness. That little elevator is a little spooky in Covid times when not vaccinated even though it is now limited to 2 people at a time or something during Covid... Never know who was in it coughing or hacking just before you get in it so if you're a little freaked out about elevators but still want a decent view the 3rd floor southern facing city view rooms aren't all bad.

Good to know. If I get to Coz in September I will probably stay at the Casa, given that I hear that Suites Bahia is closed (hopefully just temporarily). That's if I don't stay at BA :confused:.

Good to know. If I get to Coz in September I will probably stay at the Casa, given that I hear that Suites Bahia is closed (hopefully just temporarily). That's if I don't stay at BA :confused:.

With vaccinations spreading like wildfire in the USA for those who want them, I recommend you book something now with your dive op and preferred accommodations. The travel surge is coming like a tidal wave which is why my wife and I booked our December 2021, airfare, dives and accommodations 2 months ago. We booked our flights with air miles and today the same flights cost over 2x the air miles we booked at and everything is only going to get more and more expensive if you don't lock something in now. Come September the Suites Bahia could be open and priced at the same rates you can lock in today staying at the Casa Mexicana and remember, the Casa Mexicana has a 100% refund policy of your deposit as long as you cancel within I think it is 48 hours prior to arrival.

I've said it over and over here... People who delay booking their airfare and dives and accommodations are going to be scrambling and looking at horrific prices 6 months from now if they wait.

Back
Top Bottom