Which one? Apeks vs. Poseidon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alexx84

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hy to all,

I`m trying to find out which one to buy. Apeks Black Pearl (new) or Poseidon XStream Deep MK3?

MAYBE I would go for Poseidon XStream Duration model!

So what you guys think/prefer?

Thank you

Definatly Poseidon.IF you can get it serviced localy.
If not the APEX is easy to get serviced worldwide.
Maybe take a look at other brands in your part of the world.b

I can get both serviced! Now I`m choosing between Deep series and Duration! For the duration series I need to buy adapter for M26 because we don't use M26 DIN!

Two of my favorite regs....but very different. You would not go bad with either of them.

I love Posiedon...but for service reasons dive with apex....guess this not much help.

Apeks, had problems years ago (they were the only choice I had for a 2 year long diving survey) with Poseidon (yes I know they are different now), I don't touch them. Part of the problem was their limited a availability of service in North America the other problem was in the design. People who dive them tend to have several around or are part of a group that has several, why I don’t know.

Apeks, had problems years ago (they were the only choice I had for a 2 year long diving survey) with Poseidon (yes I know they are different now), I don't touch them. Part of the problem was their limited a availability of service in North America the other problem was in the design. People who dive them tend to have several around or are part of a group that has several, why I donÃÕ know.

The way you wrote the above at first appeared unclear
You should have separated the "problems years ago..." so it was clearer that the problems were with the Poseidon.

That said: Poseidon parts seem to be a major problem in NA.
I moved to Apeks. Still have the Poseidons (2 1/2) ok that is two full regs and one extra first stage, but contemplating selling them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom