Which of these cruise port are worth diving? Tortola, Barbados, St Kitts, St Thomas.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DazedAndConfuzed

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

Taking a break from liveboards and dive trip again and going on a cruise at end of Nov. Stops includes Tortola, Barbados, St Kitts, St Thomas, in addition to San Juan and St Lucia.

I will dive St Lucia since I stayed a whole week there and dove pretty much every site in the south, the only issue is our time there is 10AM to 7PM, so catching morning dive trips is hard, and they don't seem to do afternoon dives.

St Kitts was a St Kitts/Saba liveaboard where we were all waiting to leave St Kitts so we can start diving Saba, so we might dive there, but our time there is 10AM-6PM, thus maybe we wont catch the morning dive boats.

I will skip San Juan.

Out of the remaining stops, which are worth diving, maybe ranking them. Since I dove St Thomas on my last cruise trip there, and dove St Kitts on a liveaboard. St Thomas was so so dive on navy barge wreck (I feel that when they take you to a wreck only if their reefs are not so good).

I asked the same question in 2012 and dove St Thomas and St Maarten. St Maarten probably would have been an avg place, but we did a shark dive, so that made it exciting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom