Which Memory card is the best?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sunkarm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Which memory card do u believe is the best? and why? somebody was telling it is XD "H" card beacuse of the size and the writing speed.
thx for your opinions guys

Olympus says it on their US website that the H-type does a bit more, but the M-type is a tad bit faster. I only have 1 of the H-type (1 Gig), but plan on getting a couple more for times when I have no access to a computer.

There is an item you can get from Belkin.com that is a great storage device. They used to have something called the PicturePad. I bought a 20 gig one and it will hold thousands of holiday pics before I get home to down load on my pc.

I think they have come out with a newer version and different name with more bells and whistles but the old PP was just great. You may be able to pick up one from them for a song.

Just make sure it will take the kind of card you use or do you need to get their adapter.

I have a SeaLife DC500 camera and I use the SanDick Ultra II.

I used three 1G memory cards and so far I had absolutly no problem with them.

What I like about this card in that it " breaks" so you can plug it directly into
your laptop USB port ... no need for a card reader or connecting you camera to the laptop to download your pics !!!

ultra2-sd-plus-1gb.gif

1GB can store about 750 pics at 5 MPixels ...

:wink: They are a bit more expensive, but I think they're worth it !!!

JJdiver, i think the H card is the faster one not the "m" card.

shark_tamer:
I have a SeaLife DC500 camera and I use the SanDick Ultra II.

SanDick? That's an interesting brand name :) (couldn't resist :) )

I used three 1G memory cards and so far I had absolutly no problem with them.

What I like about this card in that it " breaks" so you can plug it directly into
your laptop USB port ... no need for a card reader or connecting you camera to the laptop to download your pics !!!

ultra2-sd-plus-1gb.gif

1GB can store about 750 pics at 5 MPixels ...

:wink: They are a bit more expensive, but I think they're worth it !!!

I haven't seen these yet that plug directly in your USB port. I definately think that'd be worth a few extra bucks!

I'm not sure if the "Ultra" fast card is woth the extra bucks unless you camera has a buffer in it that makes it worthwhile. The cheap point and shoots don't so it seems the Ultra cards don't really write any faster.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom