Which light ? Liveaboard and beyond

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Conor

Reaction score
Hi all

The good news is I'm off to the Red Sea for a week on a liveaboard next month. The bad news is they want to charge $58 to hire a dive light for the week. So I am thinking that this money may be better spent on buying a light of my own.

So I have been looking around at torches and I thought the torch for me would be the UK C8R as it has got some good reviews recently. But when I looked closer I found out it has a 10 hour charge time but the boat states that lights should have a 6 hour or less charge time.

So should I...
a) buy it anyway and hope ?
b) buy the cheaper version (C8) that runs off disposable batteries? (although this does give me a twinge of environmental guilt)
c) find another torch ?

If you suggest C could you suggest a torch that fits ?

Essentially I am looking for a light that is good for warm water night dives and travelling but that would also serve to get me started in UK diving, ideally serving as a back up if I ever do go down the canister route.

Thanks in advance

Conor

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom