Which Legend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OldNSalty

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Need some help in identifying. I just picked up a second stage. Legend, silver ring, snow flake design on the top. I am thinking it is the LX. It must be a slightly older model as it does not look exactly like the ones currently on aqualungs web-site. The word 'Legend' is on a silver background but 'aqualung' is just black molded into the purge button.

This is now the newest reg I own, the next newest is an SEA4...so i don't know much about these new things...I guess I need to find a first stage to hook it up to.

:)

because it has the snowflake on it, that leads me to think it is the LX also...the LX is designed to be a coldwater reg moreso than the original Legend. I've got the Legend (bought in '09) and no snowflake on it. hope that helps :)

The (older) Legend LX second stage version has the adjustment knob and the dive/pre-dive switch. The standard version has only the dive/pre-dive switch, no rotary knob. So, this means your Legend second stage is the same essentially as that of the Titan LX with a different cover plate.

In the Legend and Titan it is the "Supreme" designator that indicates the environmental kit, not the LX designation. I guess LX is sort of like deluxe, it means different things on the Titan vs the Legend.

N

The LX version has the adjustment knob and the dive/pre-dive switch. The standard version has only the dive/pre-dive switch, no rotary knob.

N

I may be misunderstanding your verbage, but my standard Legend has an adjustable flow rotary knob and no dive/pre-dive switch

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PADI Rescue/DM 09100Z7445
Dr Dive/Wet Dream/Sea Cobra/Y-Knot

Diving is my passion...I live to dive!

I may be misunderstanding your verbage, but my standard Legend has an adjustable flow rotary knob and no dive/pre-dive switch

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think you are because the "switch" I refer to is also a rotary knob, so perhaps not the best wording. You can visit the Aqua Lung website and see for yourself. My Legend LX Supreme is actually my wife's, I dive a lowly Titan LX which is the same second minus the adjustment knob.

If indeed you have only the one knob/switch/vane or venturi control and no second knob then no worries, IMO, the adjustment knob only serves to collect sand and debris and jam up.

N

haha no worries at all :D just making sure we are all on the same page!

I went to the aqualung web-site and put int he serial number. It came up as a LEGEND LX SUPREME. I don't really know what that means but it did let me register it. I wonder if I can get some free parts now :)

The LX version of the Legend has the rotary knob for advancing or retarding airflow, and the Supreme refers to there being an environmentally sealed first stage (aka cold water kit). You got a nice regulator there.

I have a couple of those, it's the Legend LX Supreme (although at the time I picked mine up, we all called them the Legend Supreme LX for some reason). That snowflake is laser-etched, massive bragging rights :)

Need some help in identifying. I just picked up a second stage. Legend, silver ring, snow flake design on the top. I am thinking it is the LX. It must be a slightly older model as it does not look exactly like the ones currently on aqualungs web-site. The word 'Legend' is on a silver background but 'aqualung' is just black molded into the purge button.

This is now the newest reg I own, the next newest is an SEA4...so i don't know much about these new things...I guess I need to find a first stage to hook it up to.

:)

The silver colored ring and snowflake designate it as a Supreme (cold water) model. The purge with either a silver or gold colored metal badge on the front was replaced in later models with a molded-in "badge". I suspect that that was because there were complaints, by those who use the purge a lot, of the metal badge cutting into the soft purge face. This holds true for both the plain Legend (no breathing control knob) and the LX model with the knob. Both of the Legends of these generations had a venturi control lever. The very latest incarnation, which is pictured on AL's website, has a knob which controls both functions.

Back
Top Bottom