Which housing would you rcommend for the Canon S95 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubble Junky

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Hi guys,

I'm just looking into getting a u/w housing for the Canon S95, and would appreciate some advice/feedback/recommendations to help me make a decision as to which one....

All advice welcome, and much appreciated...

Thanks for your time... :D

I have the Recsea housing and am very happy with it. Very versatile and allows use of all the canon s95 buttons and wheels with out having to jump thru hoops.

Last edited:
Mostly depends on how deep your pockets are. There are quite a few threads that detail most of the pros and cons with the different cases - search a little. I've used the OEM Canon housing and currently have the Ikelite. The lack of direct rear wheel control wasn't that big of a deal to me since there is a work around - for others it's a deal breaker. I'm not a professional photographer so saving $500 on a case gives me a few more dives (or a better strobe)

I am not happy with one lack in the Recsea design, and most likely the Fix; the S95 camera's Beam Assist does not assist. I wonder if the fact that it is blocked causes the camera to be slower when used in full auto than it would be without Beam Assist.

Now I'm happy I'm such a complainer, because while composing that last sentence I "flashed" that I should check the camera's user guide to see if Beam Assist can be disabled. With the OEM housing and the Ikelite housing the Beam Assist may work. That might mean that using the S95 as a P&S is better in "clear" housings.

I thought the P&S Beam Assist of the Oly 5050 in a clear housing was great. Put the red glow on your subject and it was in focus as well as proper flash exposed.

Back
Top Bottom