Which Hotel Gives You Unlimited Shore Dives ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

z28pwr

Reaction score
I'm debating between Fiesta Americana and Brisas and wanted to see if they both provide unlimited shore dives and how good they were.

Thanks.

Most of the hotels that are located on the beach with a DO on site will provide you with unlimited tanks for shore diving if you press them but get it in writting. Some have been known to try to back out once you arrive. El Presidente/Scuba Du does for sure and we spoke to a couple just last month who was diving with Dive House staying at FA and they had unlimited tanks.

I stayed at the LaCeiba/El Cid in Cozumel and they offered unlimited shore diving. It was great 2 tank dive in the morning. Lunch. Shore dive all afternoon. Shore Dive night dive. The shore site isn't spectacular, but decent. Max depth for me was 35 ft off the shore. There a sunken plane that was a movie prop. The resort is moderately low priced and geared for divers. Lockers for equipment at the on -site dive shop. Good location to boat dive sites. 5 min taxi to town. Even though I usually like newer places, I would still recommed this place for convienence and cleanliness and good food. I'm going back in late October.

It is the dive shop, not the hotel that gives the free tanks for shore dives. If you are using an operator different from that of the hotel, they will make arrangements to drop the tanks for you. I believe that Iberostar and Scuba Club Cozumel are the only properties that do not allow this....

Nancy is right, I had a package deal with La Ceiba/El Cid resort and the on site dive shop. At the time the dive shop was Del Mar Aquatics and I have heard the on site dive shop is is run by another operator. You may check and see if the new operator offers unlimited shore diving and if they offer any "package deal" if you stay at the resort.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom