Which hotel do you like in Santa Rosa, NM?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Colonoscopy Advocate
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
I've tried a couple of others, but I've always liked the Best Western Adobe Inn: Bestwestern.com, the World's Largest Hotel Chain at AAA/AARP rate of $58.50 plus tax for single, $62.10 plus taxes double, 2 double beds with the amenities I generally appreciate. The continental breakfast is nothing special, we didn't even bother last trip, but in addition to being very close to the Hole and downtown, the manager (I don't remember her name? I refer to her as Grandma after hearing one of GKids call her that.) has always been nice about an extra hour late check out so we can easily grab a hot shower before leaving.

My LDS prefers the Comfort I think as they like the indoor pool & hot tub and get free use of a classroom with a group.

Stella once told me that The Tower was a good, clean place to stay for a lot less money. I'd want to ask her for an updated opinion before I tried it. I did look at a room once; it was ok.

Here is the city's hotel list from their site: Santa Rosa, New Mexico : City of Lakes

I just stayed at the Adobe for 53/night.
I just mentioned my LDS name, and that was the rate. You have to book over the phone, though.

We use the Travelodge, less expensive then other hotels, and much nicer then the hotel we used to use which was very cheap and it showed. My brother and I will still use it, but when the wife comes it is off limits. I will try to find the name of it.

I suggest trying the CLC Check-Inn card. It's free to get and they have tremendous rates- not on all hotels. But you'll often be able to book a $90 hotel room for $40.

Travel Lodge is on their list (can't check if you're not signed up).

There are very few deals out there and this is one of the best ones I've found. They get $5/night for every night that you stay- that $5 is figured into the rate and they charge your credit card. You check in with your aptly named check inn card and go from there.
www.checkinncard.com

I know I sound like a commercial but I am just thrilled with their service and like to pass the benefit along.

Old information, haven't stayed there for awhile, but the Tower was my preferred hotel. I like the rooms that were in the "L" shaped section that was behind and right of the office; never stayed in the rooms to the left. Nothing fancy, it's old but clean, though if you're used to Best Western and La Quinta you may find it a bit spartan.

Roak

Ps. So the last time I stayed there I think was when I brought in a DIR Fundamentals class. The first morning the hotel didn’t have water. In fact, most of the town didn’t have water – a main had broken. Took them a day and a half to fix it, and we couldn’t drink the water when it was fixed. The weekend had all the flavor of New Mexico without the “New” part :)

We prefer Travelodge - its all on one level so no carrying gear up and down stairs! Plus, no one upstairs above you at night walking around waking you up (we had this problem every weekend when we stayed across the street). It isn't fancy, so we don't mind bringing yucky dive gear into the room in winter to drip dry in tub. :D

I've stayed at the Tower before. As Rodger says, it's old but clean. I think it was a whopping $26 a night a couple of years ago.

The hotel right now for our LDS is the LaQuinta, it's fine; recently redecorated with new carpet, TV's, refrigerators and microwaves.

I've stayed at the Holiday Inn Express, those guys aren't that great. The Best Western Adobe, whose rooms are really big and other hotel I can't remember the name of right now.

I've stayed mostly at the Adobe. I've used LaQuinta a few times, but it's more expensive vs. the Adobe, and the only real benefit is a Hot Tub, and Waffles included with the breakfast. The downside is that the rooms are indoors, so a PITA to haul gear in and out.

I always have a buddy, so the $50+ a night is just no big deal. LaQuinta is in the $75 a night range, and I can skip the waffles for the extra cash! :D

It costs me more to drive (GAS) than to stay! Go figure! And that is in my car! I can't even afford to drive my truck anymore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom