Question Which hook spanners are useful to have duplicates of?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SaltyWombat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm putting together a Scubatools order. I know working on Deep6 regs requires two #5 spanners and HOG D1 regs require two #6 spanners. Are there other regs which require duplicate hook spanners?

Maybe I should just buy two of their hook spanner sets to cover all possibilities #3 through #6. The sets include pins.

I can't answer your question, but best to search each manual and see what's needed.

I will say that the little allen screws tend to fall out on me. I wrapped them in teflon tape to be more secure and sometimes find that I need to adjust the height of the screw depending on what part I'm cranking on (some holes are more shallow than others).

Just my 2 cents.

A drop of blue Loc-Tite.

No, #5 & #6 are the only ones that need doubles. And 0.156" pins instead of the .140" that some of the manuals specify.

I'm putting together a Scubatools order. I know working on Deep6 regs requires two #5 spanners and HOG D1 regs require two #6 spanners. Are there other regs which require duplicate hook spanners?

Maybe I should just buy two of their hook spanner sets to cover all possibilities #3 through #6. The sets include pins.

Sorry, but generic "Scuba tool sets" are an expensive rip-off.

EDIT: My apologies @Alaskan Scuba Dude .
Your link takes us to the general tool selection section, not to S-C-T's "tool set" nonsense, like this one here:

I can't imagine you can't get by with a single set.
But this from a guy who uses a shock absorber preload adjustment tool for a Harley Davidson on his regs.

1649367346564.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom