which drysuit neck seal would you chose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dhwelder92

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
i am having to send me drysuit in to get a new neck seal installed just wandering which one you would chose between neoprene, latex, or silicone. i have a pretty small neck so i dont know which one i would like the best

I've just sent in mine for boot replacement and will consider replacing neck seal as well, what I have now is neoprene and I'm not a big fan of folding/roling it in every time, it's the only one I ever own but it looks like the other options are way better on that criteria, as for silicone or latex...I have no idea.

Akimbo, could you please elaborate why one over the other, thanks.

My question though, would be permanent or zip seals? the latter seems more attractive as I believe it would be easier to replace?

Si-Tech Neck Tite system so I could use latex or silicon, and have a full set of spares. Si-Tech permanent wrist rings so I can use latex or silicon. Replaceable in the field for a reasonable cost.

i am having to send me drysuit in to get a new neck seal installed just wandering which one you would chose between neoprene, latex, or silicone. i have a pretty small neck so i dont know which one i would like the best

All, including siliconE, have their advantages and disadvantages. Don't fall for manufacturers' hyperbole. For my own drysuit, I would choose a latex seal because judging from my experience of these three materials, latex seals and flexes best in my own case. However, my choice of material is neither here nor there when it comes to somebody else's options and priorities. Be wary of advice saying that only one of these seal materials will work for you. That's for you to find out. Just keep an open mind and if you have the opportunity, try all three types for yourself before deciding.

After seeing my buddy rip a silicone seal and then the next weekend do it again, I am not a fan of silicone.

I have never been terribly crazy about having to tuck my neoprene neck seal inside either, and if you "burp" the neck seal it will unfold and leak profusely.

Latex is my personal choice at the moment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom