Which drysuit boots for shore entry?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bigeclipse

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Looking at getting some new drysuit boots for my Aualung Fusion Bullet drysuit. I do use some simple neoprene boots for boat dives but I do a LOT of shore diving in rocky entry points so looking for a slightly more beefy solution. This is cold water diving as an FYI. Thanks!

I have the White's fusion and use neoprene booties with a thick sole. Some use rock boot style.

The neoprene allows for greater flexibility in your ankle for fin maneuverability.
The rock boot provides more support in your ankle for stability during rock entries.

Been using the EVO3s with a Fusion Tech for years, mostly for the ankle support in our rocky entry/exists here in Puget Sound. I like the stiffer sole on the EVO3s, but I find the EVO4s are a little more flexible and have a slightly smaller foot for getting into the fins. Note that the EVO boots could necessitate a larger fin pocket.

I've had these boots installed on several drysuits for shore diving.
usiaultimatebootmain.png

Ultimate Replacement Drysuit Boot

Been using the EVO3s with a Fusion Tech for years, mostly for the ankle support in our rocky entry/exists here in Puget Sound. I like the stiffer sole on the EVO3s, but I find the EVO4s are a little more flexible and have a slightly smaller foot for getting into the fins. Note that the EVO boots could necessitate a larger fin pocket.
if you could only have one, would it be the 3s or the 4s? I am able to find both for sale online.

do they actually need to be installed or can you just slip them over your drysuit if you have socks (which i do)? If needed to be installed...I honestly do not want to go that route.

They are not rock boots. They have to be installed on your suit. And I’m not sure how well they would go with a Fusion. Just get the Evo boots.

I use Fusion boots with mine. I like that they remain attached semi-permanently with the velcro ring around the cuff of the boot and suit leg. The approaches to the quarries I often dive in are often gravel paths. They don't offer the best in ankle support but that has not been a problem for me, but maybe something you might want to consider. I like the soles...I find them rugged enough and they have held up really well since early June when I got them, with regular diving each weekend all summer, autumn, and winter. The thing I like most about them over other boots is their low profile...I did not need to change the fins I was using with my wetsuit and neoprene booties...instead I was able to invest the coin saved into other gear.

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom