Which dive shop should I go with in Key Largo? Any advice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nicole2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I’m going down to Key Largo tomorrow and will be diving from Tuesday-Friday. I’m a solo diver (divemaster) and I called the shops around and narrowed down my choices to two:

1)
- would have to pay for a guide
- there is a customer who “might” be looking for a guide, but if the person doesn’t want to buddy up with me then I would have to pay to get a guide. But the person I talked to was confusing me and was not clear about what to expect. He told me to just book my trip and show up and see what to do on the day.
I still booked my trips from Wednesday - Friday with them because they were the only dive op that’s going out both mornings and afternoons.

2)
- offers a complimentary guide
- reviews say they have large groups
- Booked for Tuesday since the above dive shop doesn’t have any trips scheduled for Tuesday.

I don’t usually get to dive a lot so I definitely want to do both morning and afternoon dives for the time I’m here. Hopefully I made a right decision.. both dive centers have some good and bad reviews..

2 Sounds like Rainbow Reef. A couple friends and I dove with them last Sunday and had a great experience. We went out on both their morning and afternoon dives. Both were large groups and we followed a different guide each outing. Both times we were in a group of 5. I was the odd man...lol
Coming back in from the morning dive, we came across a few pods of dolphins and they too the time to try and get them to play in the wake and give everyone plenty of time to see them.
Either way, you'll have a blast diving off Key Largo!

2 Sounds like Rainbow Reef. A couple friends and I dove with them last Sunday and had a great experience. We went out on both their morning and afternoon dives. Both were large groups and we followed a different guide each outing. Both times we were in a group of 5. I was the odd man...lol
Coming back in from the morning dive, we came across a few pods of dolphins and they too the time to try and get them to play in the wake and give everyone plenty of time to see them.
Either way, you'll have a blast diving off Key Largo!

Yes. It is Rainbow Reef. Glad to hear a good review for them! Excited now!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom