Which Case for the O2Eii?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tplyons

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm seeing two cases that are being sold as for use with the Analox O2Eii:

One is the yellow and clear case with foam that is sold by Analox.

The other is a Pelican 1050.

They appear to be the same case. I have a 1050 already that's no longer being used.

Are they the same case? Do I just need to get new foam for the Pelican?

The Pelican 1050 with liner & foam is the standard case for their recreational analyzers, yes O2eii or EiiCO. The liners and/or foam inserts can be purchased from various suppliers. Well, the foam insert carried by Leisure Pro and others seems to have a lot of choices on how to configure after plucking. Or you can just use some thin bubble wrap to keep the unit from rattling in the case.

You can carry the unit in anything, it's durable and water resistant. The most important option is a Sensor Saver, and of course it's nice to have a case that will accommodate the unit with SS in place plus the lose dome.

FWIW you can snuggle both the EOII and CO monitor in the 1050 case. Just remove the foam and in they go.

FWIW you can snuggle both the EOII and CO monitor in the 1050 case. Just remove the foam and in they go.
They are so very snug tho. I am a little concerned about the pressure when I close the lid...?

IMG_0187.jpg

Thanks for the advise guys! Good to know I don't need to buy another case since I already have a 1050!

Thanks for the advise guys! Good to know I don't need to buy another case since I already have a 1050!
I carry so much stuff when I board, I prefer a ziplock back inside a dry bag, but your 1050 works.

Probably a bit of overkill, I have both my O2EII and E2 CO in a Pelican 1200 Case. It still gives me room for a pocket sized temperature and humidity sensor, which I'm still looking for.

Attachments

• Pelican 1200 1.jpg
    Pelican 1200 1.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 351
  • Pelican 1200 2.jpg
    Pelican 1200 2.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 350
  • Pelican 1200 3.jpg
    Pelican 1200 3.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 361
Probably a bit of overkill, I have both my O2EII and E2 CO in a Pelican 1200 Case. It still gives me room for a pocket sized temperature and humidity sensor, which I'm still looking for.

Yeah that is over kill. DD when you put both in the 1050 there is a bit of stress on the lid but not enough to worry about as it pushes the analyzers into the rubber. So there is some give. Also take the flow restrictors off and use the seal savors to give a bit more room.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom