Which camera?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

licanu

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys !

I want to buy a camera and finally i stop to : GoPro 3 Black edition and Actionpro SD21Pro.
Wich one in your opinion is the better option?
Must say i want the camera, first for diving and second for daily use.
Thank you !

Last edited:
The GoPro is better as far as specs go and I have a story about the Actionpro that you may find helpful. I work in a shop that sells GoPro's and we have a regular customer that has been coming in, looking at the accessories for the last couple of weeks. Last week he asked me about the cameras and I told him all about them. He then asked if I had heard of the Actionpro's as he had just picked one up for about half the cost of a H3B and was wondering if the accessories would work with his camera. I told him I hadn't heard of the and wasn't sure but if he wanted to bring it in we could give it a go with one of the chest mounts or something similar and see if it worked. Long story short; No dice. The clips and even the mounting screw all looked nearly identical to GoPro's but they were just slightly smaller and there was no way they would work together.

There are plenty of other good cameras out there that are reasonably priced and have good optics but when you get to mounts, lights, filters and everything else, GoPro has the market cornered. Company's everywhere are falling over themselves in order to make GoPro compatible products. You don't see that with any other camera out there that falls into the POV action sports cam category.

Really there's no comparison - based on resolution alone the GoPro is clearly better:

ActionPro - 5 MP sensor
Go Pro Black - 12 MP sensor

Video:

ActionPro - Video Resolution: 1920x1080i / 1920x1080p / 1280x960p / 1280x720p / 848x480p
Go Pro - 4K Cinema 15 fps / 2.7K cinema 30 fps / 1440p 48 fps / 1080p 60 fps / 960p 100 fps /720p 120 fps

Sony and Samsung are now selling consumer grade 4K sets so that may be real useful soon.

After a quick comparison I could find no spec. that the ActionPro is better. Except the G-Sensor which the GoPro doesn't have.
But it does have built-in Wi-Fi which seems much more useful.

GoPro has the market cornered
What scubafied said...

Isn't 289E over $370? For $29 more I'd take the GoPro. A fairer comparison might be the ActionPro vs. the GoPro White as both have a 5MP sensor. But it's $199...

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom