Which Camera & Computer Backpack?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jpdunc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Although I have a Sealife DC 800 Pro, this question is not unique to Sealife equipment. Also, I did a Forum search and most of the on point topics were fairly old.

So, the question is "what are some of the favorite brand and models of backpacks that accomodate the camera, strobe, batteries, cables, etc. plus a reasonably sized laptop computer?"

I have reviewed the Lowepro website ad nauseum trying to distinguish between their huge selection of models and can't really differentiate between them.

It must meet carry on requirements and if it has room for my regulator and dive computer, that will be a plus.

Thanks in advance for any information.

I too went on an exhaustive search for a computer/camera backpack and finally settled on the Lowepro Fastpack 350.

On two recent Scuba trips, I used it to carry:

-15" notebook computer
-DSLR with two lenses
-miniDV camcorder
-chargers for all of the above
-Sealife Reefmaster mini
-Sealife SL961 strobe

along with various selection of USB cables, filters, RCA cables, mini USB mouse, passports, various pens/pencils, paperback book, etc.

It wasn't light and it was full but it worked.

I also took the above minus Sealife stuff on a trip to Disneyworld, and I used the pack as intended during the days touring the parks. I left the computer in the room though. The computer section then became a great slot for the park maps.

The ability to swing it around to the front and grab a different lens out of the bottom section while only removing one shoulder strap is really cool and convenient.

The only minor complaint I have is I am long in the torso and I feel the pack is a bit short for my height. I feel that the waistbelt rides a little high.

Crumpler, all the way...
The 'Customary Barge'
www.crumpler.ca

-15 laptop
-DSLR, 300mm, 18-55, +2 other lenses
-miniDV AND DVD camcorders
-iPOD
-Sealife DC500
-Strobe, tray, cables
-Sony cybershot + UW housing
-CF,SD & Pro Duo cards
-Mares M1 and Citizen HyperAqualand NX computers
-All chargers and cables for above.

Straps and back are really spongey, and though not light, rides on your back quite nicely.
AND fully loaded fits in the overhead compartment.

And I take ALL this stuff on every trip.
I have been fortunate enough to have my companion to 'volunteer' (wink, wink) to carry my regs in her carry-on....

Crumplers are sold world-wide, so dont let the '.ca' scare ya!

I wouldnt trade it for the world, after having two Lowepro's blow zippers...

Back
Top Bottom