Which Atoll in October?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k1mmay

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
All,

I am hoping you can help / recommend the best atol in October from my research it would seem south Ari Atol is potentially a good option. I am AOW looking to experience beautiful coral gardens, manata rays and of course if I am lucky whale sharks ;-). I dont have enough time to do a liveaboard I only have 5 days and the livaboard options run for 8D + If anyone can kindly advise on the best atol at this time of year and a great mid-range rEsort with a great house reef I would very much appreciate it. Spoiled for options and i seem to be going round in circles with my research.

Cheers,
Kimmy.

October can be a tricky month weather wise. For mantas I think your best bet will be in the North Male Atoll. Whale sharks can be seen year round in the South Ari- but weather conditions can make it tricky if the wind comes in from the south.

Thanks for the reply. I will check out some dive operators in north male atoll in this case. Do you happen to have any recommendations for a island with a good house refs that is also in close proximity to the better dive sites ? Thx again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom