Which are the most reliable front entry drysuits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bristoldiver

Registered
Reaction score
I am considering getting a better drysuit and would like to know what other divers think would be the best drysuit for coldwater diving. One of my considerations is that sometimes I go solo, and would like to have a suit with easy entry and out, that does not need the help of another person. Any suggestions? Any particular front entry suits to avoid?

You don't say what you have now, but I have been using a DUI TLS350 front entry suit for 5 years now and love it. I have never had any problems with it and it is easy to get into and comfortable to dive with.

I have a dozen dives in my new drysuit, a BARE XCD2 Tech and have been really pleased so far. The front entry's been a breeze to self don and simply layering fleece top/bottom with BARE's T100 undergarment has kept me comfortable in water temperatures as low as 41 degrees F. This is, however, the only drysuit I have ever dove so I can't give you any comparisons.

I have about 140 dives on a self-entry 7mm neoprene suit (diving in 32-50F water) and no issues so far but I have noticed wear on the zipper where it passes over the shoulder. It came with an overlay for where the waist belt would sit, maybe the shoulder should have had that too.

bristoldiver:
I am considering getting a better drysuit and would like to know what other divers think would be the best drysuit for coldwater diving. One of my considerations is that sometimes I go solo, and would like to have a suit with easy entry and out, that does not need the help of another person. Any suggestions? Any particular front entry suits to avoid?

The best dry suit I have found is made by Dive Rite, the 905 is the best built and fits the best. They have sizes that range from small and up with mis husky sized in there. This suot however is a back sip. I also have a Mobeys self doning suit with the zip in fron. I do not care for this suit. It adds to much bilk in front with the zipper and I have had fit issued which always leads t a wet drysuit. Dive rite does have a fron vertical zip suit that may wok.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom