Where's the best place to buy camera gear online?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jiveturkey

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Guys,
I'm looking at buying a digital camera soon, hopefully by next summer. I live here in Korea and unfortunately, camera gear is really expensive here. Unless I can find a cheap deal while travelling in Asia, I'll have to get it shipped to my folks home in Canada and have them bring it over when they come to visit me next fall. If I send it directly here, I'll pay out my behind on Korean import duties.

I'm looking at the Olympus 4000 but I still haven't decided on it. I found it at the Seoul Duty Free for US$500 but I'm hoping I can do better than that. Maybe someone has a good place to shop online for gear.

make sure you click the link that says "email me a better price"... it came back with a quote 50.00 less than their listed price.

Edit: just saw that you will have them bring it to you next fall?? that's about 5 years in digital camera years... I'd wait and buy something this summer.

Rax on the B&H thing ..... dangerous place to hang out though...... Just yesterday I purchased a home theater remote control that was $90 less than the big chain electronic stores :eek: ......... That place, while still having almost unbeatable prices .... has cost me lots :D :D!!!!!!
I think my wife is going to put the "Parental Control Lock" on that site so I cant get to it anymore :bonk:

plus things get shipped real quick

Finesse once bubbled...
Rax on the B&H thing ..... dangerous place to hang out though...... Just yesterday I purchased a home theater remote control that was $90 less than the big chain electronic stores :eek: ......... That place, while still having almost unbeatable prices .... has cost me lots :D :D!!!!!!
I think my wife is going to put the "Parental Control Lock" on that site so I cant get to it anymore :bonk:

plus things get shipped real quick

Never forget...."He who dies with the most toys wins" :D

BTW: Finesse....we need to talk soon..

Wow...the Olympus for $400 is a great deal. Thanks for the heads up guys. I'm still researching everything to find the right camera but that's a great deal. If I wait until next summer, it may be cheaper still.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom