Where to watch NBA Finals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think this was clear to most people based on the discussion (and many already knew), but a lot of US streaming services don’t work well in Mexico if you try to stream directly. Netflix works fine , Hulu doesn’t, Amazon prime only works for certain Amazon owned content (l<1 percent of the titles) , not sure about Apple and the other services. VPNs can be useful for tricking the services into thinking you are connecting from the US as opposed to Mexico. I think even using VPNs is not guaranteed to work since some services don’t like it , but most people seem to be OK if they have the speed. Like the US, speed can be a function of where you are on the island. I get much better speed in Cozumel than in small town USA.

If a service has geo-restricted content they are going to try to detect vpn usage and block it too. If you use a "free" vpn it's unlikely you will get access. As soon as the streaming services detect a vpn ip, they block the ip. But it's an endless game of whack a mole and the premium vpn providers like ExpressVPN or NordVPN are constantly firing up new virtual servers with new IP addresses to stay ahead of them. I use SurfShark which is a budget vpn, a lot better than the free ones and not as good as the top premium ones. When I would try to connect to streaming services from Mx I would often have to try 2 or 3 different servers before getting one that worked but I was always able to get through. Most paid VPN's have hundreds of servers in the US.

I have always been able to watch regular NBA games in Mexico via league pass, buying games for 19 pesos each. I have no idea about the playoffs, but I would at least check. You might be able to purchase the game directly from NBA.com.

We feel the same way about bars. I think we will try every way to watch it in the condo.. Manager said that there was WiFi and I am going to bring my Apple TV and Airplay from my iPhone if I can get a decent speed.
Thanks everyone for chiming in to help.
Check your Apple TV terms of service. I once brought my Roku to Cozumel but it did not work at all there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom