Where to stay while diving with Aldora - top spots are full

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

anchochile

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Thanks to a work trip bringing me to Mexico, I'm putting together a last-minute trip to Cozumel - my first time - in late Feb. I'm planning to dive with Aldora, but lodging has proved difficult. Aldora Villa and all of their other recommended lodging (Casa Mexicana, Suites Bahia, and Suites Cozumel) are not available.

Casa Mexicana is almost available - they have rooms on all but one of my 6 nights in town. I've made a cancelable reservation for the available nights and will keep an eye in case something opens up for the remaining night.

But if that doesn't happen, I need a backup plan. Any advice on backup lodging options for when the above are full? I'm hoping to stay in the $100/night range or under, although I could do up to $120 or so if necessary and worth it.

Try Villa Las Anclas. Great location for Aldora and great restaurants

AirBnB/VRBO? I have seen some recommended here. Sorry I have no firsthand info, as I have always stayed at the properties you mentioned when I dived with Aldora.

What are the exact dates you need?

I like Hotel Mary Carmen across the street from Suites Colonial on 5th ave half block from the plaza, but then I like $37/night, 24 hour front desk & security, their courtyard with free roaming turtles. The beds are hard and hot water iffy, but I cope.

What are the exact dates you need?

I'm looking at Feb 19-25, 6 nights. I'll check out Mary Carmen - sounds like a decent option.

Try Villa Las Anclas. Great location for Aldora and great restaurants

Not available, unfortunately.

] highly recommend this place. absolutely spotless, new sheets, great host, outdoor kitchen and chill area. cabs down the block and a great little taco place around the corner.

NEW ROOM! 1KingB+1BATH, A/C & WiFi in Downtown - Apartments for Rent in San Miguel de Cozumel, Quintana Roo, Mexico

Also booked during my dates. :(

'm looking at Feb 19-25, 6 nights. I'll check out Mary Carmen - sounds like a decent option.
Sold out on hotels.com. Is that Carnival week?

On hotels.com, click Landmarks, then Playa del Carmen ferry to see hotels close by.

Yes it Carnaval that's filling the hotels in town.

Hotel Mary Carmen is available via Travago and booking.com. Its Carnival week is town is busy. I have stayed at Hotel Mary Carmen during Carnival and found it to be surprisingly quiet. Looks like it’s $52 a night.

If none of this works there's a little concrete shell of a home along the west / south shore of the island that maybe you could bivouac in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom