Where to stay to dive Sipadan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

if you willing to pay more to resort they can arrange for you. if they cant do that even by paying more, let me know, i can help you with some arrangement.

Just in case anyone is interested - stayed at Borneo Divers Mabul Island Resort and had a fantastic time!! We dived Sipadan one day, but another couple who were in the same "group" as we were (i.e. arrived the same day, and the 8 of us dived together for the trip) dived Sipadan again the day after we left and then 2 days later i.e every 2nd day. Talking to our dive guide (who was fantastic), it seemed as though they do their best to get people to Sipadan, but you really need to be there for 4 days at least. We did meet a few people who hadn't got permits but I think they were all on relatively short trips. The resort itself was pleasant, nothing too flash but comfortable enough. It was sort of like being on a dryland liveaboard. Sipadan trip was very well organised with snacks, lunch etc and we did 4 dives there the day we dived it! I highly recommend it and we will definately be back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom