Question Where to stay in Kona area for first timers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
jf3193

jf3193

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Good afternoon everyone.
Ive narrowed my search down to the Big Island (Kona area) for our first Hawaiian trip. Hoping to do a mix of a few 'must see' boat dives (manta, etc.), and shore dives. (we dive Bonaire alot and im spoiled to sleeping in and doing shore dives).
I was reaching out to see if anyone had any suggestions for accommodations on the island. We are trying to work out the first week of September, and we typically enjoy quieter locales. (VRBO, and small mom/pop villas/hotels). Not sure if there's any accommodations that would be good for shore diving within walking distance or off the backyard beach?
Naturally when I search for anything in Hawaii, its an overload of information, so I was hoping some of the Hawaii fans here might have some suggestions.

thanks in advance!!

There is good shore diving on Puako Road and there are vacation rentals as well. Blue Wilderness is ran out of the General Store on Puako Road and they have rental equipment available, you can get tank rental cards from them and it makes it about $5 a cylinder. We stay up in Waikoloa Village which is about 15 minutes up the hill.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom