Where to stay in Bonaire?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wlecyt40

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The dive club we are with is going to Bonaire in October 2023. I have researched places to stay and found Captain Don's Habitat. However, is there a place that would be even better? My main issue is that every resort/hotel I looked at, they wouldn't tell me the cost per person but told me to contact the facility. Can anyone here give me a good idea of where to stay? So far, Captain Don's is the place we are going to. Thanks in advance! I value all of the input I receive here.

I've been looking myself. I think there are also airbnb options. There are some threads on SB about Bonaire and Scuba daddy dives there every year I believe.

I've seen good talk of Captain Don's, which I have not stayed at. TabeaK posted a trip report for last year - Trip Report - Captain Don’s Habitat Sept 4th - Sept 11th. Historically it seemed to me Buddy Dive Resort got better reviews; it's next door, and just past that is Sand Dollar Condo.s, then Den Lamen.
8 Day Trip Report: Sand Dollar, Dive Friends

You can save money by staying off the water.
Bonaire at Dive Hut 2012 - http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/bonaire/432576-solo-diver-dive-hut.html
2022 Trip Report Bonaire Trip Report - V.I.P. Divers/Aqua Viva Suites

General Notes: My Research Notes for Bonaire - My Research Note For Bonaire

I liked Buddy Dive Resort's house reef, easy pier entries, good diving whether I headed north or south (I liked north better), and location. If found their grounds a bit of a maze, but no big deal.

My main issue is that every resort/hotel I looked at, they wouldn't tell me the cost per person but told me to contact the facility.
Who else were you contacting?

Richard.

Depends on your budget. I stayed 3 periods of 2 weeks each in Harbour village the last year and a halve. They have a dive shop, daily 2 or 3 boat dives. Really nice spot, private beach and very nice rooms, suites.
Prices are available on the internet.

Are you trying to set something up for the entire club? How many people, and are you all wanting hotel style accommodations and dive packages including boat dives? Otherwise there is really too much to distill.

I agree with what's been said above - if you are looking to book for your entire club, it seems like Capt. Don's and Buddy Dive are great, easy options. Both locations host groups regularly, have their own restaurant options, have good house reefs, and offer trucks for shore diving as well as boat diving options.

However, if you are just looking for your own group within the larger dive club and don't need to be with the rest of the club members 24-7, you can save a lot of money with an Air B'n'B or VRBO off the water. We just got back from a week in Bonaire and had a great place in Hato, in the north/central part of the island, just north of Capt. Don's. It was a perfect, quiet place, but an easy drive to all dive sites, north + south, as well as grocery stores, restaurants, downtown, etc.

Always stayed at Den Laman. Good spot with self service dive shop on site.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom