Where to scuba in the caribbean?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I kind of like Booby Island in Saint Kitts and Nevis. :chuckle: lol

Untitled.jpg

Just got back from Turks Caicos and were on Provo. Went with Provo Turtle Divers in Turtle Cove. Excellent operation. Beautiful clear viz and no currents. Most dives are more than 70ft but gorgeous. Went to Grand Cayman last summer. Great dives there too with Ambassador. Lots of restaurants on Provo. Grace Bay Beach is 12 mi long and talcum powder. No rocks, coral heads within 50 ft of beach so snorkel is primo option. Semi expensive food and liquor. VERY FRIENDLY PEOPLE. I will go back soon. Need to see other places though.

You mention that you are looking for a location that is affordable. This depends a lot on your departure city. Where are you flying from? And what dates do you plan on going?

I would recommend Roatan, great vis not much current. Great reefs and amazing wall dives. No drift dives which can be a little more challenging.

I suggest CoCoview. Very reasonable price about 2000 for 8 days (Staying in your own 2 BR beach house) and they have the best (IMO) house reef with two walls, a sunken freighter and a plane. The house reef has an anchor chain leading you out marked with subsurface buoys every 10' and there is a large surface buoy at the edge of the channel that marks your 15' SS. You can dive the house reef as much as you want, day or night, with or without a DM till you feel comfortable in your abilities. The dive masters are great. Fun to be around, knowledgeable and very safe. The DMs will do anything you need to make you feel comfortable. Valet style diving. When you get to the boat all equipment and tanks are loaded and setup by the DM. Boat dives are great and after a surface interval on the way back to the dock they drop you off on on of the house walls or the wreck if you like and you dive your way back to the resort. The resort is very quiet and the staff is so friendly you will feel like family. No crime to worry about, I even left money, ipad, iphone, camera and various other valuables out and nothing was ever even touched!

Another vote for Roatan :)
Did a wreck dive today, saw a reef bursting with life, swam with a migrating whale shark (twice), then two more dives - Awesome! :)
Great for beginners. I'm diving with Octopus Dive School. Highly recommend them. Not too busy and prob the best prices.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk -

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are a novice I would go to Ssandals Nassau. Dive crew is great. Like. 50 minute flight from Miami. Warm water. Great viz.On shore stuff to do. If you go to the rooms toward the back of the resort they are reasonable. You have to walk an extra 200 ft to get to the beach............some nightlife on campus. piano bar is a hoot. Restaurants are decent to good.

Back
Top Bottom