Where To Park For Welland Scuba Park Now?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cleung

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I heard that the main parking lot for Welland Scuba Park is closed. Where is the closest parking then? I don't know if the hotel behind the area would allow any parking as it seems to be the closest property to the scuba park.

Can you still park on Canal Bank St and enter water from the dock?

upload_2020-7-27_10-53-9.png

I recall being there on Canal to access the bridge dive site and it was a pretty steep slope to get down to the water in contrast to the west side which is flat. So unfortunately I don't think the east side is doable.

I recall being there on Canal to access the bridge dive site and it was a pretty steep slope to get down to the water in contrast to the west side which is flat. So unfortunately I don't think the east side is doable.
There are steps.

There is a dock on that side with steps which we saw last summer but it seems to be private
The steel steps and wood dock, just past the teddy pole, are public.

why is it closed?

Covid-19 restriction I would think. Lots of parks have been closed. Things should be reopening though, thought we were in Phase 3 of reopening, maybe Welland is still in Phase 2 with more restrictions?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom