Where to launch the boat ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Well I am new to scuba I have 8 dives including my OW dives. So I am still very new.

We have dove brooks st here in Southern California from the beach. I have a 20' center console boat that we use to fish the local area and run out to Catalina. I would like to hit up the reef that is farther out at brooks st. and try out the boat as a dive platform :).

I was wondering if anyone knows a close launch ramp to the area ? We always go from long beach or cabrillo beach and that would be a long boat ride to Brooks.

Speaking of Long Beach. How is the brake wall for diving ? and the cabrillo beach area ? We are hoping to scoop up some lobster :).

Thanks for any info.

A boat for brook st ? Your better off diving it from shore, its not that far to swim. Swiming to deadmans at Cressent is a long swim, brooks isn't bad at all.

Andy

If you must use a boat, i think there is a ramp in South laguna. Next time your there take a drive south of brooks and see what you can find.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom