Where to in Europe???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Toff86

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi Guys

Have done most of our diving in warm tropical waters mostly across Asia, the Philippines and some in OZ. We have dived in Europe before in Spain but only a couple of dives. We are looking to take a 7 to 10 day holiday this summer somewhere in Europe. We do want to dive but will be on a budget, so maybe 6 to 8 dives and will have to rent full equipment. I have been thinking of Croatia or Sardinia so far.
We want nice beaches relaxed atmosphere good diving (small groups) Wrecks and caves would be awesome.

Any other suggestions would be welcome, Don't fancy the red sea this time.

Cheers

One option could be France.
I can help you on that

Greece could be goo where would you recommend?

There are a lot of place that one could go in Greece that you can dive- here are a few pitcures I took last year from the boat looking down

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 107
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 106
  • dive1.jpg
    dive1.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 98
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 110
Wow those pictures do look amazing. I think Greece may be worth a look into. I realise we are less likely to see as many fish and large sea life than we have been used to in Asia so caves and wrecks would be good to go and see. Where are the best places to do this in Greece? Any recommendations on a starting point then islands we could hop around to see something different.

Thanks again

Just been reading about restrictions on diving in Greece, doesn't sound too fun and may make for busy dive sites in the arrears you can dive. Any one got any information on Vela Luka, Croatia?

Found a dive operation on the island of Korcula looks pretty good any info would be a great help below water or above.

Cheers

Ever taken Turkey into consideration?

Nice country, nice people, nice diving!

Most popular dive destinations are Kas and Bodrum.
With Bodrum I may be helpfull if you have further questions.

Wow those pictures do look amazing. I think Greece may be worth a look into. I realise we are less likely to see as many fish and large sea life than we have been used to in Asia so caves and wrecks would be good to go and see. Where are the best places to do this in Greece? Any recommendations on a starting point then islands we could hop around to see something different.

Thanks again

Well you would want the best of both worlds so I would say- start around Sounion and work your way toward Santroni - about 1 island a day would be nice- Ooooooooorr Coastal Turkeys nice also , I will be sailing there for a few months this year- here are a few pictures I have taken over the last summer with Guests

Attachments

• RamSunio.jpg
    RamSunio.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 78
  • oia.jpg
    oia.jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 82
  • DSCN0771.jpg
    DSCN0771.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 81
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back