Where To Go, May 2019?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really enjoyed Tubbataha. But discussion of whether to go there seem irrelevant in any event, as it appears the OP is already booked for Tubbataha and is deciding what else to add on.

Coming into this conversation late but if you are asking about the best diving in the Philippines, it is almost certainly found at the Tubbataha Reefs however if you are a novice, on a tight budget or mad keen on macro, then Anilao falls into one of the Philippines top destinations. For Tubbataha, the SEADOORS is a top boat which just had some openings on her May 4-10 trip from Puerto Princesa and the English speaking group that has it is offering spaces at $2200 for the six night trip from Pto Princesa. If that is of interest then please don't hesitate to contact us. Enjoy.

Several years ago I flew from Palawan (Coron) to Dumaguete. Had to fly through Manila to get to Dumaguete but we had a two hour layover (landed and departed from terminal three) then arrived in Dumaguete in the early afternoon--easy peesy. All our flights were on Cebu Pacific. Coron is a very small airport compared to the many more flight options you will have out of Puerto Princesa--but you'll still need to fly back through Manila unless you check to see if you can get a flight to Cebu City then a flight or ferry to Dumaguete. I stayed and dived with Mikes Resort and yes they have two very large and comfortable boats. The month of May could be a hard time to book a room with them as they only have eight rooms. Easy one hour flight back to Manila from Dumaguete and if you get a early morning flight you could be in Anilao by the afternoon if you get a private transfer otherwise it could take a bit longer going by bus to Batangas then jeepney and tuk tuk to the resort.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom