Where to go in the Northeast?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

low vis

Reaction score
I am just getting back into the swing of diving again...and I'm looking for some good spots to dive in the PA/OH/NY/WV/MD/NJ/New England area. I have already been to the Yough in PA, Mount Storm and Cheat in W.V. and I just want to get some new ideas of places to hit. If someone could let me know any good ideas...like decent Erie wrecks or something...I would seriously appreciate it!

Thanks!

Dave
Pittsburgh,PA

Depends on type of diving you want to do.. If you're into wrecks, NJ shore is your best bet. Lots of them there. If you're more interested in good all-around diving - shore, boat, as well as some nice wrecks, Massachusetts' Cape Ann is one of the best places for diving in the North East. Large variety of great shore and off-shore divesites, lots of cold water marine life, some very nice wrecks... There're also some nice diving to be done in RI as well, both shore and wreck...

-Roman.

I was in the same position as you but a bit more restricted area. Through my search I gathered some divesites in Pa.

www.susqu.edu/students/b/boyera/divelinks.html

Hope this helps you out.

Also, there is a place I just learned about in Loyalsock, Pa. It's a nice small 30ft. hole if looking for something easy w/ a mild-slow currrent. If you want more info on this place let me know.

:spider:

scubaspider once bubbled...
I was in the same position as you but a bit more restricted area. Through my search I gathered some divesites in Pa.

www.susqu.edu/students/b/boyera/divelinks.html

Hope this helps you out.

Also, there is a place I just learned about in Loyalsock, Pa. It's a nice small 30ft. hole if looking for something easy w/ a mild-slow currrent. If you want more info on this place let me know.

:spider:

Where's this spot?

Back
Top Bottom