Where to go in May-Jun 2020?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mushm0m

New
Reaction score
My partner and I are OW certified and will get AOW certified in the next few months. I've dove Thailand, GBR, Cozumel.

I'm looking for a diving vacation for May-Jun 2020. Hope to go somewhere where we can see a lot of big pelagics (whale sharks, manta rays) and biodiversity, that has some activities to do on land, and isn't going to bake us alive with heat.

Considering the following:

-
- Sipadan, Malaysia
- Komodo/Bali, Indonesia
- Fiji (sorry, not in Asia but thoughts?)
- Galapagos (sorry, not in Asia but thoughts?)

Crossed out:

- Palau -> Rainy season so probably not?
- Red Sea (Egypt) -> Probably too hot?
- Raja Ampat, IN - rainy season

I should note that we've never done a liveaboard before but we may be interested in the possibility.

What would you recommend?

Sangalaki(doable together with Sipadan).
Scuba Junkie have operation in both places.

With great diving with pelagics like manta rays and sharks + land activities to do on sidetrips, the combo Bali/Komodo would keep you happy.
Fiji diving is great too mainly for sharks and extraordinary corals, I consider the people as the most welcoming in the world.
Sipadan is good for reef sharks, schooling jackfish and cudas but you'll need permits to dive Sipadan at most 3-4 days in a week if you're lucky, you wouldn't be able to combine on the same days diving and landtrips.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom