Where to go after Seadventures rig in dec/jan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

slh02

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I would like to spend about a week in the Seadventures rig in December or January. I realize this is off season but we have no other choice. We are looking for a place to go afterwards that won’t be washed away in the wet season. We are thinking of going to the west coast of Malaysia but I’ve heard the diving there isn’t great. Another option would be to spend a week on Mabul island diving more in that area. If we do that, would 2 weeks in that area be too much? I wasn’t sure how many options for dive sites there are. Any other suggestions?

Seaventures does not collect as many diver permits for Sipadan as some other dive shops in the area IIRC. But staying on the rig is quiet a novelty, so after the rig, you could move to another dive resort that lets you dive more at Sipadan perhaps?

I would like to spend about a week in the Seadventures rig in December or January. I realize this is off season but we have no other choice. We are looking for a place to go afterwards that won’t be washed away in the wet season. We are thinking of going to the west coast of Malaysia but I’ve heard the diving there isn’t great. Another option would be to spend a week on Mabul island diving more in that area. If we do that, would 2 weeks in that area be too much? I wasn’t sure how many options for dive sites there are. Any other suggestions?
A bit late.
Kota Belud, Kota Kinabalu and Mataking(expensive) in Sabah and Brunei(wreck).
There is not much diving in th West coast of the Penisular. Wrong time of the year for the East coast.
January will be peak season at Koh Lipe In Thailand, readily connected by big speed boat from Langkawi. Koh Lanta is another 3hrs bumpy ride from Koh Lipe.
Two wk around Mabul? Your holiday, your choice!
Tawau is not that easy to connect to other places.

Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom