Where to get Pure 02 in Morehead?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
It seems like most of the two big places (Olympus and Discovery) bank 30 and 36. Where would be a good place to get pure O2 fills? Anyone?

Thanks -

CS

If they bank it chances are they can blend it. Olympus does tech dives. They will give you a pure fill if you ask for it. Says so on their website.

You can also contact Bobby Edwards at Atlantis Charters.

Olympus definitely has O2...and helium. They are expensive, but hey...niche market.

I just strap bottles in the back of my truck and blend / boost on site. Imagine the looks of the neophytes...

I just strap bottles in the back of my truck and blend / boost on site. Imagine the looks of the neophytes...

So are you blending Trimix on site as well or just Nitrox?

So are you blending Trimix on site as well or just Nitrox?

Just deco gas and trimix. Nitrox is cheap enough most places...

Just deco gas and trimix. Nitrox is cheap enough most places...

I have wondered what kind of investment would be needed to do such a stunt. Blend Trimix from my truck! We need to chat more on this one because it sounds like the kind of thing I see myself doing a few years down.

Btw ... your pm does not work.

Investment isn’t terrible...find a supplier for O2 and He...you can generally get it for 25% or less of what you are getting charged at an LDS. Then buy a booster and build some mixing whips. If you dive enough tech depth to make it worth the investment it’s a good thing to have. Total investment...figure 3-4K

Investment isn’t terrible...find a supplier for O2 and He...you can generally get it for 25% or less of what you are getting charged at an LDS. Then buy a booster and build some mixing whips. If you dive enough tech depth to make it worth the investment it’s a good thing to have. Total investment...figure 3-4K

Really? I was estimating around 6K. Does your price include compressor, bottles, whips and booster?

Compressor...no. Pre mix gasses (he/O2) and top with air at the LDS. Or if the LDS banks nitrox, even better...put He in, top with nitrox.

If air and banked nitrox weren’t so cheap at LDSs, I would probably spring for a compressor.

Disclaimer: if you are going to mix your own gasses, take a course on blending. If you are going to clean your own tanks for O2 service, take a course. Bottom line, don’t be stupid and blow yourself up.

Back
Top Bottom