Where to get Nitrox course?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Liberty01

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi!
I finally booked a flight to Manila (arriving on the 5th of May) and a safari to Cagayan Atoll leaving to Sipalay on the 10th of May.
I thought about doing a Nitrox course somewhere before.
How about Anilao or Puerto Galera?
How long does it take to get there from Metro Manila (buses always took ages there because of traffic jams)?
Can you recommend a shop? Can you start a course any day?
Yours,
Liberty

u can start a course any day in PG. and transportation going there is very convenient. there's an operator (Sikat Bus & Tours) that drops guests to Sabang from Manila (non stop a/c bus ride to batangas, and then ferry ride to Sabang) for Php600. this leaves Manila at 8am everyday. trip takes about 4 hours the most.

i can recommend Big Apple (i always do!) but Atlantis and Asia Divers are PPD's favorite PG shops. :)

we have resident PPD instructors here. choose your pick. just pm them for rates and other details :D

lolo pao (paolov)
jai (axua)
norman (uh-oh... i forgot his username)
jong (zylke)
matt (matt_reed)

Liberty,

I'm sure any PADI qualified shop could do the nitrox course. The dives aren't even required anymore and its just a couple days of classroom work and an exam.

Look for PPD instructors ....
Good luck!!! for your coming Nitrox course

pakman:
Liberty,

I'm sure any PADI qualified shop could do the nitrox course. The dives aren't even required anymore and its just a couple days of classroom work and an exam.

Couple of days?? How about - "always analyse your tank, and never exceed your MOD(max operating depth)" PM me to find out how to calculate your MOD :wink: .

And i think thats about it for todays class :D

iris_ice:
we have resident PPD instructors here. choose your pick. just pm them for rates and other details :D

lolo pao (paolov)
jai (axua)
norman (uh-oh... i forgot his username)
jong (zylke)
matt (matt_reed)

I'll be in PG at Asia Divers doing a course for some of my divers sometime between the 14th and 28th, but I'd second the vote for going with one of the above-mentioned fine specimens of indigenous teaching prowess...:D

i had my nitrox course with jai (axua) last year, liberty. :)

Thank you for all your reply.
Well, I found out the liveaboard does not offer nitrox anyway, thus I might get the Course afterwards.
I will have to make a choice about where to go diving in the Philippines.
Yours, Liberty

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom