Where to get good price on ANO cl6000 canister lights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bestshooter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey Guys,
Anyone know where I can get a good deal on ANO cl6000 canister lights or something as good ?

ANO is a Chinese company, with no mailing address on their website.
If you like their lights, buy one from someone who has it in hand for cash, if you have to order it from a website, it'll be you're own fault if you're not happy.
They may be great lights and they may be absolute junk, over the internet I have no way of finding out without risking my money, and I'm very happy with the NorthernLightScuba and Gralmarine lights I've been using for 4-5 years. Don't want to change.

Michael

Are you using this for photograpy?
CL10000-1.jpg

If not, it's a terrible choice for diving....​

No using it for diving Cooper River .. (black water diving ) . I rented this from the guy who used to take me out who has recently passed and loved it . Looking for this or something very similar .

I've never seen such a specific thread about such an unknown product! At first I assumed you were a salesman for that company trying to drum up interest.

What specifically did you like about the light? I don't know what type of lighting is best for black water diving, because I normally like to see stuff...I'm assuming you want a really wide beam? A video light might be the best bet.

I would probably recommend that you look into BigBlue video lights or technical lights, they have some with that multiple LED type design that might be similar, and while BigBlue is clearly importing Chinese made lights, they are a well established, well known brand, that I would have no problem diving with.

You might also want to look at the older HID focusable lights, that would have the benefit that you could get a wide beam for cooper diving, then a narrow beam for clear water diving. But they aren't going to have quite as even of a wide beam as a video light.

If the wide angle isn't super important, you could look into something like Dive Rite CX1 with a diffuser. Will be less lumens and possibly less burn time than one of those bigger lights, but it will be cheaper. I could use a CX1 as a primary light in a pinch, and that gets you a diffuse light with diffuser, and a narrow beam without, so it's more flexible. If you have the cash, then I would recommend something like the LX20 or even HP50, but none of those will have as wide a beam as a video light.

I have been using Ano 10K lights for about 7 years. I dive almost every day and for the price I was always happy. You could not easily switch out the cord between the battery and lamp so about once a year it would short or the light would flood and I would buy another one. Something has happened over the last year. I have gone through six of them. They either flood or short quickly. I bought three and the company replaced al three but the new ones went bad too. I just wondered if anyone else had a similar problem recently.

I have been using Ano 10K lights for about 7 years. I dive almost every day and for the price I was always happy. You could not easily switch out the cord between the battery and lamp so about once a year it would short or the light would flood and I would buy another one. Something has happened over the last year. I have gone through six of them. They either flood or short quickly. I bought three and the company replaced al three but the new ones went bad too. I just wondered if anyone else had a similar problem recently.
Ano is a company for Hollis light OEM, but they seem to have failed due to poor management.

You will have less issues and be happier with the Dive Rite CX1 with a diffuser.

Back
Top Bottom