where to get a shell dry suit...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajoh44

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I bought a shell dry suit on e-bay. I really liked it but it was a bit too snug so I resold it. I'de like to get another one that fits. This will be my first drysuit and I don't want to spend a fortune. Even a used one would be great! Anyone have suggestions about where to look (other than e-bay).???? Thanx.
Jo

Time to do some homework. Ask other divers what they like. Personally I have a Dive Concepts Z-flex. Awesome suit. I checked as many online places as I could find. LP, Scuba Toys, Divers Direct, Divers wholesale, etc. Once I had a good fix on price, I checked the websites for four dive shops to see who handled what. I narrowed it down to two dive shops and went on price from there. I got my suit in a brick and mortar dive shop for less then I could buy it online. I also had the option of trying it on and ordering a different size if need be. I didn't need to. For such a major investment as a drysuit I would have went brick and mortar even if I had to pay more. This one has to be right. Close don't count. So in short, do your homework and you'll be okay.

Jim

scubajoh44:
I bought a shell dry suit on e-bay. I really liked it but it was a bit too snug so I resold it. I'de like to get another one that fits. This will be my first drysuit and I don't want to spend a fortune. Even a used one would be great! Anyone have suggestions about where to look (other than e-bay).???? Thanx.
Jo

This is Kenny's secret eBay alternative for Drysuits and other stuff. Sometimes there are deals here.

---
Ken

I got my drysuit from a LDS. They sometimes have used drysuits for good prices and you can get support from them if need be.

Other than that, Ebay is the only other cheap place, but as you found out fitting them is not always an easy task.

Mo2vation:
This is Kenny's secret eBay alternative for Drysuits and other stuff. Sometimes there are deals here.

---
Ken

I really like this site. I will be checking there often to find one. Thanks!!!!

I'm shopping the other sites too. Thanks for all the info.

Back
Top Bottom