Where to find high res pics?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a878bob

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Some of the pictures in the photo galleries are amazing. I would like to download some of them to decorate around the house, but I will need 3-5mb pics, not thumbnails, to print to 8x10. Where can I find them?

Thanks,
a878bob

Some of our users are artists who sell their work, I recommend contacting the publisher of any photos you like and requesting a high resolution version of their image or a print. Alternatively you can check the Marine Art classified forum which so far is pretty empty but still may be worth looking at.

... but if you contact the divers who took the pix you like, they might also send 'em to you free of charge, as long as you are using them for non-commercial purposes.

Pro photgraphers have a right to get paid for their work, and even amatuer photographers have the right to be asked if you can use their pix.

Great point 3dent... many photographers may be happy to give you a high res version without charging you but getting permission is the key!

Back
Top Bottom