Where to find Commercial Diving School

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

technicalbeast

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
hi there iam an open water diver with minimum dive experience ...........and want to do commercial diving , work as a scuba diver ...........but unfortunately there are no commercial diving schools in here............ just an old monopolist,racist.. commercial scuba diving centre with ugly faces .....run the show doing works for ship surveys etc. iam also trying to get further in the recreational diving and gonna sign for advance open water course in the coming days ......... any ideas or thoughts to start my career in the commercial scuba diving industry will be welcome from the depth of my heart.. also .......thanks...........

Commercial diver and Diving Instructor are two different things. Being a scuba diver doesnt make you commercial.

My school was 5 months and there is no way anybody gets a full amount of training even in that amount of time. Companies in the industry complained my school was only 5 months and favored graduates of schools from 8 months to a year. I would steer clear of anyone that says they offer a course in 8 weeks.

Commercial diving and SCUBA don't mix well. There are 2 good schools in India, which maybe a problem for a Pakistan citizen unfortunately.

I did my HSE part 1 (surface supplied air diver) and HSE part 2 (mixed gas and saturation) from Fort Williams in Scotland.
It is a very highly regarded instituition and I would highly recommend it.

Good luck

BH

American National Standards Institute. All schools will give you an ADCI card upon completion ( Association Diving Contractors Intl ) however that is not good enough. Now a days companies require that you have ANSI / ACDE card. These agencies require every accredited school follows the same guidelines to ensure the safety of Divers/Tenders entering the market. Years ago all you needed was someone to let you learn on the job but those days are long gone. Insurance agencies are the ones who run the game. Yeah you will be a commercial diver so to speak but companies insurance policies will only usually hire ANSI/ ACDE card holders. People see that a school costs less and is faster which is great only your screwing yourself in the long run when no one can hire you. If your serious about it, go to one of the bigger schools in Seattle, Louisiana or Florida. Steer clear of Divers Academy. I went there and while the instructors are top notch, the owner and management leaves alot to be desired.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom