Question Where to find AOI dealer in Phuket?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pearlman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey Folks
My next trip is to Phuket and I am looking for a dealer to purchase the AOI UWL-03 and accessories. Also hoping to get a T-Housing for DJI Action3/4 there rather than import it from EU and pay upwards of 42% duties and taxes.

I am unable to find any in Phuket from online searches for either of these. I may have to import the T-Housing as an APAC dealership network seems non-existent however AOI is an HK based company and I find it hard to believe they don’t have a dealer network in APAC and a prime dive destination like Phuket?

If you have info about a dealer in this location please share here.

Thanks

Hey Folks My next trip is to Phuket and I am looking for a dealer to purchase the AOI UWL-03 and accessories. Also hoping to get a T-Housing for DJI Action3/4 there rather than import it from EU and pay upwards of 42% duties and taxes. I am unable to find any in Phuket from online searches for either of these. I may have to import the T-Housing as an APAC dealership network seems non-existent however AOI is an HK based company and I find it hard to believe they don’t have a dealer network in APAC and a prime dive destination like Phuket? If you have info about a dealer in this location please share here. Thanks

@JonnieB Say what?

ProDive Imaging in Bangok deals in AOI and other underwater photography equipment, but I'm not aware of any serious underwater photography shops in Phuket. There are several dive gear shops, but when it comes to photography, they only stock some very low-end accessories.

Thanks. Looks like they don’t have the UWL-03 in stock but I will try mailing them a month before my trip…

Sorry...there was an issue when trying to post. I did some research a few months ago about an AOI camera tray in Thailand and could not find a dealer. I would email AOI directly asking them about specifically what you're looking for and if they have a Bangkok sales agent.

How long are you staying? It might be better to order from Divervision or fun-in.com.tw for delivery to your hotel/resort/house.
Thank you for the offer! Very kind of you.
I happened to search once again and this time Google is showing a page from ProDive with everything in stock! I’m really perplexed why I failed to find it before I created this post??!!

This means I can land in BKK and make the purchases in-person before heading to Phuket.

Much appreciated! 🙏🏽🙏🏽

This means I can land in BKK and make the purchases in-person before heading to Phuket.
I would contact them ahead of time and make sure it's actually in stock, maybe even reserve one for your target date.

If you're not staying in Bangkok overnight and traveling via Suvanabhumi airport, there's a left luggage service on the departures floor, behind the check-in counters, near one of the escalators to security check zone. You can use that to stash your bags for the day, then take the airport link train into Bangkok - it departs from the lowermost level of the airport, and you can ride it all the way to Phaya Thai station, then change to BTS Skytrain Sukhumvit line and ride it to Chit Lom station - this will put you within easy walking distance of the ProDive Imaging shop. Avoid Bangkok taxis like the plague, unless you fancy sitting in traffic for hours on end.

I would contact them ahead of time and make sure it's actually in stock, maybe even reserve one for your target date.

Yes I plan to do that, the trip is still far away as it’s rainy season and I’m just planning my agenda in advance.

If you're not staying in Bangkok overnight…

Pray who would object to staying in BKK for an “overnighter”… ? Not me surely … 😆

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom