Where to dive lake michigan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NuclearOOPS

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Ill be leaving sunday for Chicago for two weeks for work, but since ill be right next to lake michigan, I'm taking my dive gear. I've never dove any of the great lakes. Im looking for suggestions on some good dive shops, good shore dives, and anyone who would like to join. I know one day of diving will be tuesday. I know I have one day to dive and might get a second, so im trying to get everything planned before I get there. Any suggestions would be appreciated. THanks.

Looking at your SB "handle", I would assume that you're going to be at the Zion station. Let's get this moved to the best forum for an answer.

Thanks. Ill be attempting wet in full 7 mil. If its to cold the ill rent a drysuit.

There are some great wrecks in Lake Michigan. However, if you do some of the deeper recreational dives expect bottom temperatures of 40 degrees at most. May be a little colder by now. Happy diving.

October is the best time to be out in the Great Lake around Chicago, temps in the 50s even down to 100+ feet...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom