Where to dive in ThAILAND??? Nov-Dec

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi! I am going to Thailand for 35 days and will spend about half of that in the Southern Peninsula. Where is best for Diving during the end of November/beginning to mid December? We are beginning to intermediate divers. Thanks!

The weather is best at the Andaman Coast, main diving areas Koh Lanta (daytrips to Hin Daeng), Koh Phi Phi (daytrips to Hin Daeng, Koh Phi Phi and the Shark Point area), Krabi (daytrips to Phi Phi and the Shark Point area), Phuket (daytrips to Hin Daeng, Phi Phi, Shark Point Area, Similans and Racha Islands; liveaboards to Hin Daeng and Similans) and Khao Lak (daytrips and liveaboards to Similans).

Since also the diving is best in the Andaman Sea, I would say that is the area you have to go that time of year.

Some of the divesites can be quite challenging, like Hin Daeng, Koh Tachai, Richelieu Rock and Deep Six (all Simillans or a bit further North), but the only tricky divesites (depending on currents) I would say are Hin Daeng and Koh Tachai. So a beginner to intermediate diver has plenty of sites in the area to enjoy himself.

stevenl:
Some of the divesites can be quite challenging, like Hin Daeng, Koh Tachai, Richelieu Rock and Deep Six (all Simillans or a bit further North), but the only tricky divesites (depending on currents) I would say are Hin Daeng and Koh Tachai. So a beginner to intermediate diver has plenty of sites in the area to enjoy himself.

Agree with stevenl about where to go. I would add Elephant Head Rock/Pusa Rock/Hin Hua Kralok (three names of the same site in the Similans - Thai and non-Thai uses different names sometimes) to the list of "can be challenging" sites.

Definitely get yourselves a surface marker/safety sausage (each). Don't rely on the dive operators being able to supply them.

Back
Top Bottom