Where to dive in early April near Singapore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

timetraveler

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My buddy and I will be boarding a cruise in Singapore on April 6, 2012. We'd like to fly into the area a week or more ahead to adjust to the time zone and do some diving and sight-seeing. Where would you recommend we go that's a short flight from Singapore? Thinking about Phuket, but how's the weather and vis there in early April?

Hi,

Late March early April should be the perfect time to visit Phuket and dive. You can expect blue skies, flat seas, stunning visibiltiy and sought after marine sightings.

The Similan and Surin Marine Parks are open until the end of April.

Join a four night liveaboard out of Phuket or Khao Lak and sample the best diving Thailand has to offer.

Another option would be to fly to Tawau and dive the Sipadan area.

In addition you could consider Bali and Manado - Both are easy to reach from Singapore and conditions should be good around that time.

Singapore is the ideal base for diving in Southeast Asia--you can get a direct flight to Bali, Manado (Lembeh, Bunaken), Kota Kinabalu (and on to Sipadan from there), Phuket, and Tioman (from Seletar Airport or by ferry), off the top of my head. If you had more time, there are (longer) direct flights to Port Moresby and Cairns. Within your time constraint, I think Bali, Lembeh, and Phuket offer the best combination of convenience and quality diving, in that order.

+1 for Sipidan/Mabul.

The low-cost regional airways around Asia make it quite possible to reach a range of great diving destinations at a very low cost. I would also investigate Indonesia (Lembeh) and the Philippines (Bohol/Cebu) can reached via KK.

Hi timetraveler,

There are lots of great choices for diving which are accessible from Singapore.

We run a diving business in Sabah. My advice is based on our knowledge of diving in Sabah and to help you choose the best diving location for yourself based on your diving experiences and diving preferences (not to sell our trips to you).

April is the start of the 'Dry Season' in Sabah and is typically a very hot, dry month in Sabah with god diving conditions. You can fly to Sabah from Singapore very cheaply - with flights to Kota Kinabalu on a regular basis.

In Sabah there are a wide choice of diving locations - world famous Sipadan on the south east coast along with muck diving in Mabul, world famous Layang Layang off the west coast (150nm offshore), Lankayan island on the east coast of Sabah, and diving along the west coast of Sabah (from Kota Kinabalu). On the west coast there is wreck diving (4 WW2 wrecks) and a range of dive sites from nearby Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park to further afield sites such as Pulau Tiga, Usukan wrecks, Mayne Rock, Mantanani etc.

You can choose to go diving from one or more of these locations depending on your length of stay, budget and the type of diving you like to do. You'll probably be spoilt for choice :wink:

I hope his helps. Wherever you choose to go have a great time diving in South East Asia!

DG

Drop down and see us in Bali, are only a short flight away from Singapore.

The diving in Bail is simply fantastic with year round manta rays, great wrecks, the most amazing macro and also in April also maybe the odd Mola Mola; although it is still out of season then!

Make sure you bring your camera!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sanur.../profile.php?id=100001637977787 [/B][/CENTER]

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom