Where to Dive - Feb 2019

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vikram14

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,

I am a AOW certified diver planning a solo trip to west coast of Thailand. Needed to know which place would be best for a base for diving - Phuket/Phi Phi/Krabi. It was also be great to have some dive shop recommendations. I am not looking into the party scene per se - more into outdoor activities (besides diving during off time)

Vik

Have a look at Lanta Diver on Koh Lanta too. Koh Lanta is a nice relaxed island, but is well situated to reach all the nearby dive sites - Hin Daeng/Hin Muang, Koh Ha and the Phi Phi sites.

Phuket - plenty of day trips available and options for Similan Islands liveaboards - most liveaboards depart from Khao Lak, almost all will pick up guests in Phuket.

Weird that the person living in Phuket sticks up for Phuket. Tell me a worse island, please!

The vast majority of the tourists i meet who've visited Phuket didn't like it at all, when i last went i immediately found a syringe on the beach, and it was full of old men in Speedo, jetskis... Nightlife is awful, too many sex-tourists and bar-girls for my comfort.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom