Where to dive around Nashville?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tplyons

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all, I'm a Jersey boy who loves diving the Jersey shore, but it's looking like I might be headed down to Nashville for a couple years for work. Nothing confirmed yet, but if I do, I'm curious what sort of diving is available down there. What's the big quarry that everyone uses down there?

How far would I be from all the good spots?

They is a quarry in Lebanon called Marthas it's gone real down hill it's not much you have penny royal in KY which isn't far never been but have heard good things and two quarry in Athens which is prolly 3 hours east of Nashville I dive dale hollow lake and spear fish it almost every weekend it's about an hour east of Nashville and your more than welcome to come join me on some dives

It's not overly close but my friend and his family who live in Nashville drive to their beach house in Pensacola in about 6-7 hrs.

There's a little wreck there called the Oriskany...:wink:

Welcome to the south. If you're willing to drive to Alabama, there are a few places that attract a good number of divers:
1h45m: Madison Quarry
2.5h: Smith Lake: there's no dive op there (to my knowledge), but it looks like others on the board have expressed interest in exploring.
3h: Dive Alabama3h: Dive Land (Glencoe, AL)- Website not working, but FB page is up.

Have fun and safe diving!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom