Where to dive after or before a Galapagos Cruise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Freewillow

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Since we will going to a dive cruise in the Galapagos in November 2017, we are looking for a place were we could dive for a few days before or after the cruise in order to maximise the amount of dives for such a long and expensive trip. Has anyone an idea about it? Thank you.

Hi Freewillow,
I've added land-based diving before/after four Galapagos liveaboard trips, doing dives from Santa Cruz, San Cristobal and Isabela.

One of the best dives was Kicker Rock out of San Cristobal but my understanding is the other dives out of San Cristobal are not of the same quality.

You'll find greater diversity of dive sites diving out of Santa Cruz, including Gordon's Rocks, the best land-based hammerhead site.

If you have not already done so, I would also recommend allowing a couple extra days for land tours beyond what the liveaboards visit.

Back
Top Bottom