Where to buy double AL80s near Atlanta?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CaveSloth

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I could get a set from Diver's Supply in Marietta for close to $600!! I have read people on this forum claiming to be able to purchase a new doubles set of AL80s including bands and manifold for $200. Where can I get that deal?!?

I could get a set from Diver's Supply in Marietta for close to $600!! I have read people on this forum claiming to be able to purchase a new doubles set of AL80s including bands and manifold for $200. Where can I get that deal?!?
Nowhere. Unless they are stolen or, maybe out of hydro.

I was going to suggest cavediver.net, but I see you have already looked there. They seem to have better prices than "some other places".

CS...

DGX...a nice road trip just south of you...$576. with your choice of manifold...

PM me if you find the new $200 bargain...

Best...

W...

AL 80 doubles.jpg

Why Al if caves are your goal?

If caves are your ultimate goal, you may be better served with a set of steel tanks. Keep an eye on this board and cave diver.net and you can probably get a set for $450 to 500. Or if you have an idea who you will use as an instructor, talk to him/her. You will save yourself some money and headaches.

Good luck.

I have a set of steel tanks already! I just don't have a drysuit or any plans to buy a drysuit in the near future. Need to lose 50 pounds first.

FYI, the reason I am getting the AL80s is so I can practice in anticipation of an upcoming trip to dive cenotes in Mexico where I assume all they will have will be AL80s.

FYI, the reason I am getting the AL80s is so I can practice in anticipation of an upcoming trip to dive cenotes in Mexico where I assume all they will have will be AL80s.

Got it.

I was just curious, since you're clearly aware that most FL cave divers use drysuit and steel tanks. I know you have been doing FL cavern diving with the wetsuit.

Why are AL tanks unsuited for caves, though?
For FL caves, which tend to be deeper with flow, they are tiny. lp85s weigh close to the same with almost 25% more gas.

Back
Top Bottom