Where to attach trilobite to Zeagle Zena

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kimela

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just got a trilobite and want to attach it to my Zena in a place where I can reach it with either hand. I thought about attaching it to a D ring on the front by the zipper but worried it will dangle too much. I was also thinking about attaching it to the bottom band of webbing that goes horizontal around the waistline - there is a space to thread webbing through the back of the holder (it appears to be intended to be worn on a belt). Wondering where other Zena owners have attached a cutter. Thoughts? I read on another thread to make sure it can be reached with either hand - good tip.

I have a Zena but I don't attach my trilobite to it. I have it on my wrist computer band (left wrist). I know it would be a bit of a challenge to pull it out of it's pouch if my right hand was injured, but I figure I'll take my chances. I love my trilobite and use it on most dives to cut fishing line.

I don't have a Zena but I always carry 2 trilobyte type cutters...one that I can easily reach with my left hand and one with my right.

I have a Zena and also hate to have things hanging. I got a pocket for my flashlight that I have on the same strap I think you are referring to. I posted two pictures below. I'm not sure if this is what you had in mind.

I actually wear it on the other side of my BC it's hanging in the closet and it was hard to get to. My husband has a treadmill (aka clothes hanger) in front of the door. You have to be a gymnast to get anything in or out of that closet :)

20190416_134655.jpg
20190416_134621.jpg

My wife dives a Zena but not with a trilobite. Could you maybe put it on the bottom strap on the left side, opposite where that fold down utility pocket is?

I'm tempted to sew it onto the front panel so I can easily access it with either hand. When I first started diving I spent way too much money on an expensive dive knife (titanium!). I thought I was Lara Croft!!! I have no idea where it is now, and the thought of brandishing it underwater makes me envision sliced hoses and legs, and sharks responding in kind. The trilobite feels more safe for me, and should do whatever I need it to do - though I haven't needed a cutting device so far and am hoping I won't need to in the future.

So I just looked up what a Trilobite is. I "assumed" you were talking about a knife. My post was way off base:)

So I just looked up what a Trilobite is. I "assumed" you were talking about a knife. My post was way off base:)
Not necessarily. The trilobite comes with a pocket/sheath to stow it in so your post really isn't off-base at all. Maybe what you posted is a different pocket, but nonetheless still relevant.

My wife dives a Zena warrior princess. She also carries a trilobyte. However, just like @islanddream it goes on my wife's computer wrist strap. You might be surprised how "out of the way" the wrist strap really is.

We did put a zip-tie on it because without the zip tie, it would tend to slip off the computer straps in her dive bag.

@kelemvor - a Zena warrior princess?! Love it! I'm trying to picture the configuration ... :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom